FOLLOW-UP REPORT ON EVALUATION OF FULL SCALE EXPERIMENTAL HIGHWAY FINISHES
During 1971 and 1973 two construction jobs were performed in which concrete paving was placed. Several types of texturing were used on portions of the surface of these jobs. The special texturing was accomplished at the request of research project 2-6-70-141 personnel. The research project staff obtained skid resistance and texture measurements periodically until the close of the project. As a result of the measurements and analysis, the state adopted new specifications using metal tines spaced at 1/2-inch centers. This report contains additional measurements performed on the same surfaces. These data substantiate the decision to change to the new specifications. /FHWA/
- Work done in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration. Study title: Demonstration and Field Test Support.
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TranspP.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
- Hankins, K D
- Publication Date: 1977-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Measurement; Pavements; Paving; Skid resistance; Surface course (Pavements); Texture
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway pavement
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00194534
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWATX78-187-2 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Study 1-10-77-187
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 15 1979 12:00AM