AIR DISTANCES MANUAL (6TH EDITION)
The Air Distances Manual is published jointly by International Air Transport Association and International Aeradio Limited, and is divided into four sections as follows: I Conversion Tables--These tables contain those normally required by aviators. II. Wind Components--This section gives headwind and tailwind components between various places. A full explanation of Wind Components is given in the introduction to the section. III. Sunrise and Sunset Tables--G.M.T. times of sunrise and sunset at sea level are given for the places listed. Allowance should be made for earlier risings or later settings at airfields of high elevation. IV. Distances--This is the largest part of the publication and an explanation of its contents is to be found in the introduction to the section.
- Users special requirements in respect of additional Great Circle distances, Rhumb Line tracks and distances, Wind Components, times of Sunrise and Sunset, Route Planning, Terrain Clearance Heights, Airport Coordinates and similar information can be provided on request. For such information service and details of supplementary charges contact Operations Officer, Aviation, IAL. Aeradio House, Hayes Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 5NJ, Phone: 01-574-2411 Ext. 371. Telex: 24114. SITA LHRXIBA Sales Ext. 367.
International Air Transport AssociationP.O. Box 160, 26 chemin de Joinville
1216 Cointrin-Geneva, Switzerland
International Aeradio LimitedAeradio House, Hayes Road
Southall, Middlesex UB2 5NJ, England
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 244 p.
- TRT Terms: Distance; Manuals; Periods of the day; Tables (Data); Wind
- Old TRIS Terms: Conversion tables; Headwind; Tailwind
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00194493
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Air Transport Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM