FABRICATION OF BITUMINOUS COATED MATERIALS: EQUIPMENT AND PROCESES, CLEANNESS OF AGGREGATES
FABRICATION DES ENROBES HYDROCARBONES: MATERIEL ET PROCESSUS, PROPRETE DES GRANULATES
Belgian, Dutch, French, British, German, and Swiss specifications relating to mixing plant equipment, fabrication processes, and the cleanness of sand and stones used are examined. With regard to the equipment and fabrication process, the Belgian specifications are excellent in principle. Nevertheless, it lacks practical details in certain areas. This information is included in the French specifications which could constitute a model for eventual improvement of the Belgian specifications. The cleanness of the aggregates is of particular interest in the context of atmospheric pollution due to the amount of dust produced by the mixing plants. The criteria for cleanness are generally based on the grain size distribution. Belgium is the only country to have specific specifications for mixing plants without dust, the amount of fine particles being more strictly limited. It is noted that some foreign specifications relating to mixture composition, control and automatic stoppage of the plant, the tolerances of the temperature of mixing and to the cleanness of the aggregates are of interest.
Road Research Centre, BelgiumBoulevard de la Woluwe 42
B-1200 Brussels, Belgium
- Moraux, C
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Air quality management; Bitumen; Bituminous aggregates; Dust; Fabrication; Grain size (Geology); Granular soils; Mixing; Mixing plants; Sand; Stone; Temperature
- Old TRIS Terms: Mixing temperature
- Subject Areas: Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00194473
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Road Research Centre, Belgium
- Report/Paper Numbers: 171/CM/1976 Res. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM