EVALUATION OF A DEEP STREGNTH ASPHALT PAVEMENT S.T.H. 67 DODGE COUNTY
The performance of a deep strength asphalt pavement constructed on STH 67 between Mayville and Theresa in Dodge County during 1970-71 has been observed by the Materials Research Unit since its completion. At the time of construction, the paving operation was observed and plate bearing tests of the subgrade and the bituminous lifts were performed in addition to density tests of the deep strength pavement. Annual crack surveys of selected test sections have been conducted in addition to periodic deflection, rutting, and serviceability measurements. The results of these tests are discussed and compared to those from conventional bituminous concrete pavements. The cost of a typical deep strength section is computed and compared to a conventional bituminous pavement. The maintenance activities required on this pavement are also discussed. /Author/
Madison, WI USA 53707-7910
- Martinelli, T J
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt pavements; Bituminous overlays; Deflection; Density; Measurement; Pavement performance; Pavements; Plate bearing test; Ruts (Pavements); Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rut
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway pavement; Pavement deflection; Pavement serviceability ratings
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00194399
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM