PROSPECTS FOR U.S.-FLAG SHIPPING IN THE U.S.--CHINA TRADE (ANALYSIS, FORECAST)
This report provides an analysis of the current status and future potential of U.S.-flag shipping in trade between the United States and the People's Republic of China (PRC). The author addresses the questions of entry restrictions at PRC ports, China's maritime agreements, her cargo preference policies, and Chinese maritime potential, and offers statistics on U.S.-China trade and the Chinese merchant fleet.
- For information, call (202) 347-2590.
Transportation Institute923 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20005
- HEINE, I M
- Publication Date: 1979-2-1
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo preference; Cooperation; Foreign; International; International compacts; International trade; Merchant fleet operation; Merchant marine; Policy; Ports of entry; Shipping; Statistics; Trade
- Geographic Terms: China
- Old TRIS Terms: Foreign maritime policy; International shipping policies; Trade statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Policy; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00194358
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Institute
- Report/Paper Numbers: Spec Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM