FISHING VESSEL SAFETY
The paper reviews the history of the Merchant Shipping Fishing Vessels (Safety Provisions) Act of 1970 and its ultimate successor, the Fishing Vessel (Safety Provisions) Rules of 1975. The introduction of statutory requirements for the safety of fishing vessels represents an entirely new safety philosophy for the industry. The paper discusses the scope of the new Rules, the procedure of implementation and the application of those sections of the Rules dealing with freeing ports, stability requirements and structural fire protection. Order from BSRA as No. 50,016.
- Paper presented at Spring Meeting of R.I.N.A., London, April 7, 1976.
Royal Institution of Naval Architects, England10 Upper Belgrave Street
London SW1X 8BQ, England
- Cox, J H
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Fires; Fishing vessels; Protection; Regulations; Safety; Stability (Mechanics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Freeing ports; Stability standards
- Subject Areas: Law; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00194238
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: British Ship Research Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM