NEWS FROM LILCO (LONG ISLAND LIGHTING NEWS RELEASE)
As part of a Department of Energy demonstration program, Long Island Lighting Company (LILCO) will obtain 60 electric vehicles, over the next year. 40 will be used to replace gasoline-powered vehicles in the company's fleet, and the others will be sold by LILCO, acting as a manufacturer's representative. They will be used as service vehicles and for a pilot employee van-pool operation. ILICO's role in the program is to aid in the development of electric vehicles and to determine more accurately the economic viability of electric vehicles. Although conclusive data is not yet available on the total operating costs of electric vehicles, the company expects that the overall costs will be less than for gasoline fueled vehicles.
Long Island Lighting250 Old Country Road
Mineola, NY United States 11501
- Publication Date: 1978-11-2
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Commercial vehicles; Costs; Demonstration projects; Electric automobiles; Vanpools
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00194149
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM