MIXED-MICRONS MAGNETIC LEVITATION FOR ADVANCED GROUND TRANSPORT SYSTEM
The possibility of applying the mixed-micron principle for magnetic levitation to ground transport systems is examined. The system is developed specifically for suspension and useful lift to passive weight ratios exceeding 8:1 have been calculated. Application to a hybrid system where conventional wheel drive is used in conjunction with magnetic levitation is explained for urban transport.
Science Research CouncilRutherford Laboratory
- Russell, F M
- Publication Date: 1977-12
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Intelligent transportation systems; Magnetic levitation; Propulsion; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193772
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Energy Research Abstracts
- Report/Paper Numbers: RL-77-076/B
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1981 12:00AM