SHOULD AMTRAK'S HIGHLY UNPROFITABLE ROUTES BE DISCONTINUED
Despite new equipment, improved stations and tracks, changes to schedules, and additional intermediate stops, some routes operated by the National Railroad Passenger Corporation--Amtrak--continue to be highly unprofitable and to waste energy. Procedures developed for deciding which routes, if any, should be discontinued.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20548
- Publication Date: 1978-11-27
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Analysis; Deficits; Passenger service; Service discontinuance
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00193770
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CED-79-3
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 2003 12:00AM