REPAIR MANUAL FOR STEEL FREIGHT CONTAINERS
This manual describes and explains the best procedures for the repair of containers known to the Institute, taking into account the need for safe, efficient and economical performance of containers. This manual is confined to the repair of steel containers and does not deal with other questions such as preventive maintenance or refurbishment (reconditioning). Assistance in meeting ISO requirements is provided by illustration of certain ISO dimensions and tolerances in Exhibit 1, page 40. Tables converting U.S. customary and sheet gage measurements to International System (metric) equivalents appear at page 50. The report is divided into 12 sections covering corner fittings, end frames, side rails (top and bottom), side and front panels, roof assembly, understructure (or underframe), floorings, door assembly and cargo restraint. The last section reviews metal surface finishing and fasteners. The many forms of damage and repair are illustrated by numerous, clearly drawn perspective drawings.
Institute of International Container Lessors, Ltd12 East 41st Street, Suite 600
New York, NY United States 10017
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Containers; Fittings; Inspection; Metal coatings; Repairing; Safety; Specifications; Standards; Structural steel; Surface preparation; Welding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Container inspection; Container repair; Container safety
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00193668
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute of International Container Lessors, Ltd
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM