ADVANCED GAS TURBINE FOR MARINE PROPULSION MODEL 570-K
An advanced gas turbine, the Detroit Diesel Allison model 570-K has been developed and is available for marine and industrial use. This engine is compact and lightweight with installation and maintenance features suited for economical life cycle costs. The engine is offered in two models that have each been performance matched for a particular use. The 570-KA is "marine matched" and the 570-KB is "high-power matched" . The paper describes how this matching is accomplished and the resulting advantages of this unique approach.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting August 7-10, 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Stinger, D H
- Redmond, W A
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Economic analysis; Engines; Gas turbines; High speed rail; Life cycle costing; Performance; Propulsion; Seas; Ships; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced propulsion; Engine design; Marine
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Finance; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780702 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 25 1979 12:00AM