PARATRANSIT INVENTORY ST. LOUIS REGION
An inventory of paratransit services was performed as part of a larger transportation research effort to address concerns regarding congestion, air quality and energy consumption. A mail survey was used to gather information concerning service area, operations characteristics and cost, ridership and vehicle type for all paratransit modes. Follow-up interviews were conducted with operators in some categories to insure that an adequate sample was obtained. The services covered included taxicabs, commercial auto rental and leasing, limousines, shuttle services, school bus, church service, subscription service and special transportation services for the elderly and handicapped. The inventory revealed that while many transit dependent individuals and groups are served through paratransit that are not sufficiently served by fixed-line services and areas that are yet lacking in any services. For the future the paratransit services must be coordinated followed by fitting to-gether paratransit and fixed line transit together to give one intergrated system to meet the needs of St. Louis.
- Sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration, Federal Highway Administration.
East-West Gateway Coordinating Council112 North 4th Street, Suite 1200
St Louis, MO USA 63102
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 123 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Automobiles; Coordination; Fixed routes; Inventory; Leasing; Operating costs; Operations; Paratransit services; Physically handicapped persons; Public transit; School buses; Taxicabs
- Uncontrolled Terms: Integrated transportation systems; Subscription bus service
- Old TRIS Terms: Special service
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Freight Transportation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00193611
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: EWG-TS-0370.10.0 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: UMTA-IT-090090FHWA
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1981 12:00AM