TRANSIT SERVICE OPTIONS FOR SMALL CITIES
The purpose of this guide is to develop an awareness and understanding of the potential afforded by transit services and to begin to apply this toward the development of methods for continuing creative, unique resolution and use of transit services in small cities. It is not a guide to transit design; rather, it is a guide to the options to be used in such designs. Its scope is to define and expand on the use and meaning of transit in order to stimulate ideas for transit services that are innovative and at the same time, relevant and practical. The guide is divided into three major sections: the need for transit services in small cities, the various options available for each of the major components of transit service, and the selection process for transit service options.
- Prepared for the Urban Transportation Research Branch, Canadian Surface Transportation Administration, Montreal, Quebec.
Lea (ND) and Associates LimitedP.O. Box 188
Oakville, ONo L6J 5A2, Canada
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 129 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Design; Public transit; Small cities
- Old TRIS Terms: Option
- ITRD Terms: 285: Demand (econ); 9014: Dimension; 744: Public transport; 1181: Rapid transit system; 9072: Selection; 313: Urban area; 9084: Use
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00193608
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Association of Canada
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 30 1981 12:00AM