ENVIRONMENTAL APPLICATIONS OF THE WEIBULL DISTRIBUTION FUNCTION: OIL POLLUTION
The report discusses preliminary results of new method for statistically analyzing environmental pollution data. The Weibull distribution function is used as a correlating model and several examples dealing with oil pollution are given to illustrate its applicability.
- Also available in "Science," V176, pp 1019-1021, 2 June 1972.
University of California, Santa BarbaraDepartment of Chemical and Nuclear Engineering
Santa Barbara, CA USA
- Mikolaj, P G
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Oil spills; Pollution; Simulation; Water pollution
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00043208
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NOAA-72091658
- Contract Numbers: NOAA-2-35208, NSF-GH-43
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 6 1973 12:00AM