STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS FOR MERCHANT SHIP CONSTRUCTION
The MarAd Standard Specifications for Merchant Ship Construction are intended to provide guidance to the Maritime Industry for the preparation of detailed ship specifications. They are complete in all aspects of required contract work and embody the following pertinent features: Establish levels of quality as a bench mark for Construction Differential Subsidy; Identify current requirements of regulatory bodies; Reflect latest technological developments; Indicate measures of standardization to encourage mass production techniques; Include standard text to reflect legal aspects of contract work; and Introduce the SI-metric system of measurement to the U.S. shipbuilding industry.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 604 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Costs; Naval architecture; Shipbuilding; Specifications; Standards; Subsidies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Construction costs; Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship construction specifications
- Subject Areas: Construction; Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00043207
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-SC-720-79021 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 6 1973 12:00AM