A GUIDE TO MARINE POLLUTION, EDITED BY E.G. GOLDBERG (GORDON AND BREACH, NEW YORK, 1972.) CHAPTER 2. PETROLEUM
Oil pollution of the ocean is reviewed. Briefly covered are the following topics: Sources, extent, and biological decomposition. The major coverage involves the various methods of detecting and analyzing petroleum.
- Also available in a Guide to Marine Pollution, New York, 1972, pp 19-40. Prepared in cooperation with Stichting Concawe, The Hague (Netherlands), British Petroleum Company Limited, London (England) and B.P. Research Center, Sunbury on Thames (England).
Woods Hole Oceanographic InstitutionWoods Hole, MA USA
- Blumer, M
- Blokker, P C
- Cowell, E B
- Duckworth, D F
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical analysis; Identification systems; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Oils; Spectroscopic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil analysis; Oil spill identification; Oil spill sources
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00043206
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WHOI-Contrib-2633 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-66-C-0241, NSF-GA-19472
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 6 1973 12:00AM