A GUIDE TO MARINE POLLUTION, EDITED BY E.G. GOLDBERG (GORDON AND BREACH, NEW YORK, 1972.) CHAPTER 2. PETROLEUM
Oil pollution of the ocean is reviewed. Briefly covered are the following topics: Sources, extent, and biological decomposition. The major coverage involves the various methods of detecting and analyzing petroleum.
- Also available in a Guide to Marine Pollution, New York, 1972, pp 19-40. Prepared in cooperation with Stichting Concawe, The Hague (Netherlands), British Petroleum Company Limited, London (England) and B.P. Research Center, Sunbury on Thames (England).
Woods Hole Oceanographic InstitutionWoods Hole, MA United States
- Blumer, M
- Blokker, P C
- Cowell, E B
- Duckworth, D F
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Chemical analysis; Identification systems; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Oils; Spectroscopic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Oil analysis; Oil spill identification; Oil spill sources
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00043206
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WHOI-Contrib-2633 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-66-C-0241, NSF-GA-19472
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 6 1973 12:00AM