TRANSPORTATION PLAN FOR THE ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED
This report documents the Council's continuing efforts to explore ways to improve transportation services to the elderly and handicapped of the St. Louis area. Current data on the size and distribution of the elderly and handicapped population is presented and the extent of existing transit and paratransit services documented. The report concentrates on identifying the needs of those elderly and handicapped who represent the market for public transportation services and offers alternatives for meeting the unmet transportation needs of that segment of the population. /Author/
East-West Gateway Coordinating Council112 North 4th Street, Suite 1200
St Louis, MO USA 63102
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Paratransit services; Physically handicapped persons; Public transit; Transportation planning
- Subject Areas: Highways; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00193543
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: EWG-TS-0372.10.0 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: IT-09-0090
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1981 12:00AM