INTERNATIONAL AIR SAFETY SEMINAR PROCEEDINGS, ANNUAL MEETING, 30TH: SAFETY NEEDS IN THE TERMINAL ENVIRONMENT, 1977
Proceedings includes 24 papers covering the following topics: world jet experience; review of safety improvements over the last ten years; terminal area air traffic management; advanced terminal guidance and its capabilities; fuel consideration -- the profile descent; terminal area weather/airport conditions forecast and communication; Transport Canada's runway traction and operational reporting system; airport bird hazard control; ramp hazards; matching the airport to operations and vice versa; airport disaster planning; airports and their effects on air carrier accidents; monitoring the approach; flight deck coordination; landing compulsion; shortcomings in understanding communications; psychology in communicating; the geriatric jet problem; and sources of published safety information.
- International Air Safety Seminar Proceedings, Annual Meeting, 30th, Ottawa, Ontario, September 19-22, 1977.
Flight Safety Foundation, Incorporated5510 Columbia Pike
Arlington, VA USA 22204
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: 228 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Aircraft crashes; Airports; Approach; Aviation; Aviation safety; Bird strikes; Descent; Prevention; Safety; Traffic control
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft safety
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00193344
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 11 1979 12:00AM