A UNIQUE APPROACH TO MOBILE CB
A new 40-channel CB radio system had been developed by a major automotive manufacturer as a regular production option for a number of its 1978 cars and trucks. To maximize theft resistance, the system uses a remote chassis, detachable microphone, and a tri-band antenna. This state-of-the-art system is presented here in terms of component functions, design development, manufacture, and test equipment and procedures.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Harris, R
- Andrews, J E
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Citizen band radio; Portable equipment; Prevention; State of the art studies; Theft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mobile equipment
- Subject Areas: Highways; Security and Emergencies; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193339
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780048
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM