P METRIC DESIGNATION TIRES--A COMPARISON TO TODAY'S ALPHA DESIGNATION TIRES
A new passenger tire designation system was originated by the International Standards Organization (ISO) and has been approved by the U.S. Tire and Rim Association, Incorporated (T&RA) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This paper explains this P metric tire designation system and compares it in regard to load formula, endurance and wear performance, and dimensional tolerance criteria to the current T&RA alpha designation system in use on most U.S. passenger car tires.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Lane, D H
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Classification; Metric system; Standards; Tires
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193318
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780170
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM