AN OVERALL DESIGN APPROACH TO IMPROVING PASSENGER CAR FUEL ECONOMY
This paper presents the approach used in the design of GM's new 1978 intermediates as an example of how improved efficiency can be achieved. Factors affecting fuel consumption are outlined along with program goal setting. Areas of emphasis including weight reduction, powertrain optimization, and road load horsepower reductions are discussed as well as explanations of new engineering tools used.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Hanson, E K
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Electric power transmission; Fuel consumption; Horsepower; Vehicle design; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Power systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193317
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780132
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 13 1979 12:00AM