MAXIMIZATION OF HIGHWAY FREIGHT MOVEMENT USING A NEW TRACTOR TRAILER CONCEPT
A new highway freight transporting vehicle has been developed which maximizes the available payload space within existing regulatory limitaions. The vehicle is a combination of alow profiled driver forward mid-engined tractor coupled to a freight box, and pulling a semi-trailer. The application of existing components in the revised configuration will be discussed to clarify the design approach features and performance.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Zubko, R L
- Publication Date: 1977-10
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Tractor trailer combinations; Vehicle design
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193312
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 770890
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM