GENERAL MOTORS WATER DEPTH MEASURING SYSTEM
A water depth measuring system has been developed to allow routine and efficient determination of water depths on road surfaces used for tire traction testing. The system consists of a multi-probe transducer unit (which attaches to the front bumper of most standard automobiles) and an in-car electronics package with direct digital and analog readout capabilities. Water depth measurements are taken at one foot (305 mm) intervals at vehicle speeds from two to five miles per hour (3.2 to 8.0 km/hr).
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Allen, C V
- Willett, R J
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Design hourly volume; Experimental roads; Measuring instruments; Rolling contact; Surface course (Pavements); Traction; Water
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193302
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780198
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM