GASEOUS AUTOMOTIVE FUELS FROM STEAM REFORMED LIQUID HYDROCARBONS
A system is proposed for producing a mixture of hydrogen and methane for automotive fuel by steam reforming gasoline. These gaseous fuels are produced under the hood and only at the rate demanded by the engine. The energy of formation is obtained from waste heat. The results of a computer model of the system are given and a verifying experimental program described.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Martin, M D
- Publication Date: 1978-4
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel air mixtures; Gases; Hydrocarbons; Methane; Simulation; Steam; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193301
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780457
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM