FACTORS WHICH DETERMINE THE COMMUNICATING RANGE OF A MOBILE CB TRANSCEIVER
This paper discusses the relative effects of transmitter power, antenna efficiency, and interference from local and distant stations on the communicating range of a mobile CB station. Performance comparisons between several popular antenna types and curves of signal strength versus distance are included.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Prewitt, T A
- Publication Date: 1978-3
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Citizen band radio; Distance; Interference; Power; Radio transmitters
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00193300
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780047
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 26 1979 12:00AM