HYDROGEN--ELECTRIC POWER DRIVES
Hydrogen--electric power drives would consist of most or all of these: chilled hydrogen gas tank, liquid oxygen tank, a bank of fuel cells, dc/ac inverter, ac drive motors, solid state ac speed control, dc sputter-ion vacuum pumps, steam turbine generator set and steam condenser. Each component is described. Optional uses of low pressure extraction steam and warm condensate are listed. Power drive applications are listed. Impact on public utilities, fuel suppliers, and users is discussed.
- Brazilian Energy Congress, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, 12 December 1978.
Stanford UniversityStanford Linear Accelerator Center
Stanford, CA USA 94305
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20585
- Hall, F F
- Publication Date: 1978-10
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Cryogenics; Design; Electric vehicles; Fuel cells; Generators; Hydrogen; Hydrogen fuels; Hydrogen storage; Inverters; Pumps; Speed control; Speed limits; Steam; Steam turbines; Tanks (Containers); Turbines; Vacuum; Waste heat utilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Speed regulators; Uses; Vacuum pumps
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00192388
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CONF-781214-2
- Contract Numbers: EY-76-C-03-0515
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM