MARKET ASSESSMENT FOR TRANSPORTATION OF TRADE WITH DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. VOLUME I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The purpose of the study is to provide information to support long-range planning by U.S. flag operators, including ten-year forecasts of U.S.-LDC (less-developed countries), trade flows (1977-1987) to estimate the likely size of future markets, and a review of trade-relevant service and competitive conditions that are likely to affect future maritime service to LDC's. The analysis focuses on 111 less-developed countries. Volume I provides a condensed review of the overall study and highlights from the research findings.
- See also Volume II, Research Findings, PB-293097/2ST; and Volume III, Appendices, PB-293098/OST. Also available in set of 3 reports PB-293095-SET.
CACI, Incorporated1815 North Fort Myer Drive
Arlington, VA USA 22209
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Abolfathi, F
- Keynon, G
- Harvey, W
- Ibrahim, I
- Royanian, S
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Assessments; Commodities; Demand; Developing countries; Economic development; Economic forecasting; Exports; Fleet management; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Imports; International trade; Long range planning; Market assessment; Market research; Market surveys; Market value; Ships; Statistics; Strategic planning; Trade; Transportation; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fleets
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Commodity statistics; Trade forecasts; Transports ships
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00192370
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-940-79001 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-7-38062
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM