BRIEFS OF ACCIDENTS INVOLVING ALCOHOL AS A CAUSE/FACTOR, U.S. GENERAL AVIATION, 1977
The publication contains reports on all U.S. general aviation accidents, occurring in 1977, involving alcohol impairment as a cause/factor. Included are 47 accident briefs, 41 of which involve fatal accidents. The brief format presents the facts, conditions, circumstances and probable cause(s)/factor(s) for each accident. Additional statistical information is tabulated by type of accident, phase of operation, injury index, aircraft damage, pilot certificate, injuries and causal factor(s).
National Transportation Safety BoardBureau of Technology, 800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1978-12-19
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pilots; Air transportation crashes; Airline pilots; Alcohol effects; Alcohol use; Alcoholic beverages; Aviation safety; Blood alcohol levels; Casualties; Crash causes; Crash investigation; General aviation; Licenses; Personnel performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pilot performance
- Old TRIS Terms: Alcohol intoxication
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00192365
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-AMM-78-17 Accdnt Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM