AERODYNAMIC FORCES ON MOTOR VEHICLES (CITATIONS FROM THE ENGINEERING INDEX DATA BASE)
Aerodynamic lift, drag, and side forces exerted on moving motor vehicles are investigated in these reports gathered from worldwide literature surveys. Forces acting on passing vehicles as well as those acting under and around individual moving vehicles are reviewed. Methods for streamlining vehicle configurations for fuel conservation are suggested. (This updated bibliography contains 110 abstracts, 21 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Habercom Jr, G E
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamic force; Aerodynamic lift; Aerodynamics; Behavior; Bibliographies; Drag; Energy conservation; Flow fields; Fuel consumption; Motor vehicles; Reviews; Streamlining; Wind pressure
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral loads
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00192301
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM