SYSTEMS APPROACH TO LIFE-CYCLE DESIGN OF PAVEMENTS. VOLUME III. LIFE2 PROGRAM LISTING
This report is the third volume of a three-volume report which documents an automated system (LIFE2) for analyzing pavement designs and maintenance and repair strategies based on life-cycle costs. LIFE2 models existing Corps of Engineers criteria for designing rigid and flexible pavements for airfields, roads, and streets. The program includes analytical procedures for evaluating earthwork, drainage, and frost protection requirements in addition to maintenance costs. The resulting combinations of design schemes and maintenance strategies are ranked by total cost over the design life of the pavement.
- Availability: Microfiche copies only.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL USA 61820
- Lindow, E S
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: 453 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Building materials; Computer programs; Earthwork; Flexible pavements; Laboratories; Life cycle analysis; Life cycle costing; Maintenance management; Materials science; Materials tests; Pavement design; Pavement maintenance; Pavements; Rigid pavements; Roadbuilding machinery; Roads; Service life; Statistics; Subroutines; Systems analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Maintenance costs
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials laboratories; Pavement life; Strategy
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Finance; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00192269
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TR-M-253-VOL-3 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1979 12:00AM