TRAFFIC SAFETY DEMONSTRATION PROGRAM MODELING SYSTEM. VOLUME III. CITIZENS BAND RADIO MODEL
The Traffic Safety Demonstration Program Modeling System (DEMON) is an interactive computer model for use in the analysis of individual NHTSA demonstration projects. This volume describes the Citizens Band (CB) radio model, designed to measure the role of CB units in a Highway Patrol emergency response system. A mathematical simulation, the model is used to describe the geography, dynamics, and emergency response situations (e.g., accidents, road hazards and speeders) for a given set of assumed conditions. The model can measure changes in the detection, notification and response times of a system, as conditions are allowed to vary. It evaluates the activities on the highway and compares the emergency response times for when the Highway Patrol is assumed to have a CB communication system and when it does not, i.e., under experimental and control situations.
- See also Volume 2, PB-293994, and Volume 4, PB-293996. Portions of this document are not fully legible. Also available in set of 4 reports, PB-293992-SET.
SRI International333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA USA 94025-3493
Washington, DC USA 20590
- David, N A
- Gass, S I
- Cronin, R H
- Denny, R E
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Call boxes (Driver aid devices); Citizen band radio; Demonstration projects; Detection and identification; Detectors; Emergency response time; Evaluation; Hazards; Law enforcement; Management; Mathematical models; Planning; Police patrol; Project management; Reaction time; Simulation; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Traffic speed
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00192237
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 5520-FR-VOL-3 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-803-829
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-01401
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM