DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA TRUCK AND BUS SAFETY DEMONSTRATION PROJECT
The purpose of the project was to demonstrate the validity and effectiveness of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Regulations, Vehicle in Use Inspection Standards, Part 570, Subpart B, in discovering safety-critical outages during periodic inspection of vehicles with Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of more than 10,000 pounds. The project also intended to provide an opportunity for evaluating some commercially available heavy duty automotive inspection equipment, particularly FMVSS 121 System anti-skid brake test equipment. The project obtained data and developed procedures for testing 121 Systems in an inspection lane environment.
- Portions of this document are not fully legible.
Potomac Research, Incorporated7655 Old Springhouse Road
McLean, VA United States 22101
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Rucker, E
- Wood, R
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 166 p.
- TRT Terms: Air brakes; Brakes; Braking; Buses; Demonstration projects; Equipment tests; Evaluation; Gross vehicle weight; Inspection; Laws; Measures of effectiveness; Motor vehicles; Regulations; Safety engineering; Skid resistance; Standards; Testing equipment; Trucks; Vehicle safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Antiskid device; Motor vehicle laws & regulations; Test equipment; Vehicular safety
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00192207
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-803-866 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-7-01725
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM