MODERN RAILROAD ELECTRIFICATION AT MUSKINGUM
General aspects of railroad electrification. Discussion of the reason for a renewed interest in straight electric operation and modern economic aspects is followed by a comparison of modern diesel electric and straight electric locomotives. The performance capabilities, the apparatus and the control system of the electric locomotives. The locomotives' operation at Muskingum Electric Railroad with particular emphasis on the fully automated operations control system.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Wefers, H J
- Publication Date: 1970
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train operation; Electric locomotives; Railroad electrification
- Old TRIS Terms: Muskingum electric railroad
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00043011
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME 70-RR-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 2 1974 12:00AM