MARITIME SHIP DATA SYSTEM. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
The report describes the activities carried out to design, develop, and install an automated system for updating the ship characteristics data base which is maintained by the Maritime Administration. This report also contains description of the 84 data elements maintained in the data base. As an extension to the Maritime Ship Data System, vessel position information has been linked to the Ship Data System. This merged information produces a file of all vessel port-pair transitions sorted by Marad trade route.
Marine Management Systems, Incorporated300 Broad Street
Stamford, CT USA 06901
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- NOONAN, D
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Databases; Federal government; Identification systems; Information processing; Information retrieval; Information storage and retrieval systems; Information systems; Merchant vessels; Shipbuilding; Vehicle characteristics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Merchant ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Marine data systems; Maritime information systems; Ship characteristics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00192125
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-930-79030 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-6-38069
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM