ALASKA OCS SOCIOECONOMIC STUDIES PROGRAM. TECHNICAL REPORT NUMBER 20. BEAUFORT SEA PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT SCENARIOS: TRANSPORTATION IMPACTS
The report analyzes the statewide, regional and local transportation impacts of Beaufort Sea petroleum exploration, development, and production. Alternative routings for goods and passengers to the area are developed for each mode. Facilities on these routes and carriers using them are described for current conditions. Next, an estimate is made of impacts related to non-OCS (Outer Continental Shelf) development up to the year 2000. Finally, impacts are individually assessed for the petroleum development scenarios--Camden-Canning, Prudhoe Bay-Small, Cape Halkett, and Prudhoe Bay-Large.
- Prepared by Dooley (Dennis) and Associates, Anchorage, AK.
Peat, Marwick, Mitchell and Company1025 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Dooley (Dennis) and AssociatesAnchorage, AK United States
Bureau of Land ManagementAlaska Outer Continental Shelf Office
Anchorage, AK United States
- Eakland, P
- DOOLEY, D
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 175 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Alternatives analysis; Crude oil; Economic impacts; Forecasting; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Passenger transportation; Petroleum industry; Railroad transportation; Regional transportation; Routes; Socioeconomic factors; Transportation planning; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Petroleum trade
- Geographic Terms: Alaska; Beaufort Sea; Prudhoe Bay
- Old TRIS Terms: Cape halkett; Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00192103
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BLM/YK-TR-78/20
- Contract Numbers: DI-AA550-CT6-61
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM