TRANSPORTATION FOR THE HANDICAPPED: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE HOLDINGS OF THE INSTITUTE OF TRANSPORTATION STUDIES LIBRARY, UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT BERKELEY
The annotated bibliography is concerned with transportation for the handicapped. For the most part, it represents holdings found in the Institute of Transportation Studies Library at the University of California, Berkeley. A few important works not currently in the ITS Library holdings are included. Compilation of the bibliography was carried out during Spring and early Summer, 1978. A quick glance through the bibliography reveals a few citations prior to 1970. This is not due to a lack in ITS Library holdings, but rather reflects the scant attention paid to the subject before the late 1960's in this country. The belated interest of the 1970's has been spurred on by federal and state legislation, as well as by the disabled themselves. Much attention continues on transportation for the disabled, and thus much more in terms of publications can be expected in the near future. The bibliography is broken down into broad subject sections, as indicated by the table of contents following. With the exception of bibliographies, all foreign works are listed in a special section.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Transportation Studies Library
Berkeley, CA United States 94720
- Krummes, D C
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Bibliographies; City planning; Federal government; Laws; Needs assessment; Persons with disabilities; State government; Transportation; Transportation disadvantaged persons; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Disadvantaged persons; User needs
- Geographic Terms: California; United States
- Subject Areas: Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00192099
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1981 12:00AM