DOD'S COMMENDABLE INITIAL EFFORTS TO SOLVE LAND USE PROBLEMS AROUND AIRFIELDS
The Department of Defense has a timely, forward-looking program for achieving compatible land uses around military airfields. The program could be more mutually beneficial to the communities and the Department by revising and reissuing the airfield studies where operational changes have occurred to identify more accurate and current noise zones. The Secretary of Defense should review the plans and practices of the Navy and the Air Force to assure that they are consistent with Defense policy.
- Record URL:
U.S. General Accounting Office441 G Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20548
- Publication Date: 1979-1-22
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bases; Airport planning; Land use planning; Location
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00192086
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: LCD-78-341
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 28 1979 12:00AM