THE IMPACT OF TELECOMMUNICATION ON TRANSPORTATION DEMAND THROUGH THE YEAR 2000
This report analyzes the interactions of transportation and telecommunication as they exist today and in the future, especially as regards the effects of telecommunication on transportation demand. It analyzes the development of four major telecommunication services--voice, video, data, and interactive cable television--and reports estimates of their substitutability for transportation service. It reports present and possible future impacts of government investment and regulation.
Mitre CorporationMetrek Division, 1820 Dolley Madison Boulveard
McLean, VA United States 22102
National Transportation Study Commission1750 K Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Publication Date: 1978-11
- Pagination: 163 p.
- TRT Terms: Closed circuit television; Data communications; Demand; Forecasting; Impacts; Passengers; Regulation; Speech; Technological forecasting; Telecommunications; Television; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel; Travel demand; Voice communication
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interaction
- Old TRIS Terms: Government intervention; Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00192058
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTPSC/SR-78/03 Spec Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM