ACCESS TO THE ENVIRONMENT. VOLUME 3: APPENDICES: DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL EXAMPLES OF LEGISLATION, GUIDELINES, STANDARDS AND CRITERIA, BIBLIOGRAPHY, LISTING OF PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS CONTACTED, LOCATIONS OF BARRIER FREE SITES AND GLOSSARY OF TERMS
This third volume in a series of three reference documents for landscape architects and designers presents domestic and international examples of legislation, guidelines, standards and criteria for constructing and redesigning buildings to make them barrier free and therefore accessible to handicapped and disabled persons. Examples are included of Federal, state, and local laws and guidelines, as well as British, Canadian, and Dutch legislation and standards. Specifications for doorways, walkways, sign levels, ramps, rails, elevators, restrooms facilities, public telephones, lighting, floor surfaces, parking areas, buses and trains, and drinking fountains are presented. A list of people and organizations contacted in composing the volumes is provided, as well as a list of locations of barrier-free sites that were discussed in volume 2. A bibliography and glossary of terms is appended.
- Also available in set of 3 reports PC E13, PB-290 800-SET.
American Society of Landscape Architects1750 Old Meadow Road
McLean, VA United States 22102
Department of Housing and Urban DevelopmentAssistant Secretary for Policy Development & Research
Washington, DC United States 20410
Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board1331 F Street, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC United States 20004-1111
- Robinette, G O
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 651 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Buses; Construction; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Gusts; Interior lighting; Landscape design; Laws; Local government; Needs assessment; Parking; Passenger cars; Passenger terminals; Persons with disabilities; Railroad stations; Railroad trains; Standards; State government; Structural design; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria; Federal programs; Interior; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design; Passenger stations
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Law; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00192056
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: HUD-H-2002-R
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM