CURRENT TRANSPORTATION ISSUES IN THE UNITED STATES. VOLUME II: ISSUES PAPERS AND SOURCE MATERIALS
The report discusses 25 major issues in transportation. Issues were derived from the Commission's literature review, survey, and public hearings. Volume I briefly summarizes the issue identification process and the issues. Volume II provides a detailed review of past transportation studies, a summary of survey and hearing results, and a discussion of the background and importance of each issue. The issues discussed affect many areas of transportation including government regulation, jurisdiction, planning, finance, energy, environment, labor, safety and equity.
National Transportation Policy Study Commission1750 K Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC United States 20005
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 375 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Data collection; Energy conservation; Environmental protection; Finance; Financing; Highway transportation; Labor relations; Legislation; Planning; Policy; Railroad transportation; Regulation; Regulations; Reviews; Safety; Surveys; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; Urban transportation; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government intervention; Government policies; Government regulations; National transportation policies; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Finance; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00192039
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTPSC/SR-78/01-B
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM