ECONOMIC IMPACT OF IMPLEMENTING RACT (REASONABLY AVAILABLE CONTROL TECHNOLOGY) GUIDELINES IN THE STATE OF OHIO
The major objective of the contract effort was to determine the direct economic impact of implementing RACT standards in Ohio. The study is to be used primarily to assist EPA and Ohio decisions on achieving the emission limitations of the RACT standards. The economic impact was assessed for the following 15 RACT industrial categories: surface coatings (cans, coils, paper, fabrics, automobiles and light duty trucks, metal furniture, insulation of magnet wire, large appliances); solvent metal cleaning; bulk gasoline terminals; refinery systems; bulk gasoline plants; storage of petroleum liquids in fixed roof tanks; gasoline dispensing stations--Stage I; and use of cutback asphalt. The scope of this project was to determine the costs and direct impact of control to achieve RACT guideline limitations for these 15 industry categories in Ohio. Direct economic costs and benefits from the implementation of RACT limitations were identified and quantified while secondary impacts (social, energy, employment, etc.) are addressed, they were not a major emphasis in the study.
Booz-Allen and Hamilton, Incorporated4733 Bethesda Avenue
Bethesda, MD USA 20014
Environmental Protection AgencyRegion V Regional Office, 230 North Dearborn
Chicago, IL USA 60601
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: 546 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Asphalt; Automobiles; Cleaning; Coatings; Combustion; Economic impacts; Economics; Gasoline; Guidelines; Handling and storage; Hydrocarbons; Implementation; Industrial wastes; Metal working; Petroleum; Petroleum products; Petroleum refineries; Pollutants; Solvents; Standards; State government; Storage facilities; Storage tanks; Trucks
- Geographic Terms: Ohio
- Old TRIS Terms: Combustion products; Metal cleaning; Refineries
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Motor Carriers; Research; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00192035
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/905/5-78/003 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-02-2544
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM