The patent application relates to a fuel control for a gas turbine power plant adapted for automotive use. It includes an open loop scheduling control for acceleration which varies the pressure drop across the metering orifice as a function of W/sub f/P sub 3 (W/sub f/ = fuel flow in pounds/hours, P sub 3 = compressor discharge pressure in pounds/square inch absolute) and varies the area of said metering orifice as a function of P sub 3 divided by another engine operating parameter such as turbine exhaust temperature to effectuate multiplication of the W/sub f/P sub 3 and P sub 3 values for establishing the value of W/sub f/, where W/sub f/P sub 3 is scheduled by the foot pedal position.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of application available from NTIS.
Department of Energy1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20585
- Linebrink, K L
- Stearns, C F
- Publication Date: 1972-4-14
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Buses; Control systems; Design; Fuel consumption; Fuel systems; Gas turbines; Patents; Trucks; Turbine engines; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00192027
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent App
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM