DEVELOPMENT OF A DIGITAL GUIDANCE AND CONTROL LAW FOR STEEP APPROACH AUTOMATIC LANDINGS USING MODERN CONTROL TECHNIQUES
The development of a digital automatic control law for a small jet transport to perform a steep final approach in automatic landings is reported, along with the development of a steady-state Kalman filter used to provide smooth estimates to the control law. The control law performs the functions of localizer and glides capture, localizer and glideslope track, decrab, and place. The control law uses the microwave landing system position data, and aircraft body-mounted acceleraters, attitude and attitude rate information. The results obtained from a digital simulation of the aircraft dynamics, wind conditions, and sensor noises using the control law and filter developed are described.
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Incorporated17 Research Road
Hampton, VA USA 23666
- HALYO, N
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft pilotage; Automatic control; Automatic landing systems; Control; Control systems; Digital computers; Digital simulation; Glide path systems; Kalman filtering; Landing; Microwave landing systems; Transport aircraft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Digital techniques
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic landing control; Digital control
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00192007
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-3074 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NAS1-14088
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM