AUTOMOBILE AIR POLLUTION: NEW AUTOMOTIVE ENGINES AND ENGINE IMPROVEMENTS. VOLUME 1. 1970-1977 (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
This bibliography cites reports on new designs of automobile engines. The engine types include gas turbines, stratified charged engines, steam engines, hybrid engines using electric motors or flywheels, and rotary engines. Many of these studies also cover the problem of improving fuel economy while lowering emissions. Retrofit devices are excluded. (This updated bibliography contains 176 abstracts, none of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Habercom Jr, G E
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Pagination: 185 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Air pollution; Automobiles; Bibliographies; Design; Diesel engines; External combustion engines; Fuel consumption; Gas turbines; Hybrid vehicles; Pollutants; Rankine engines; Rotary engines; Steam engines; Stratified charge engines; Turbine engines; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Emission rates; Rankine cycle
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191949
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Bibliog.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM