ENERGY IN TRANSPORT. VOLUME I. DATA. REPORT NO. 27
Detailed information is presented on energy use in New Zealand transport together with international comparisons and historical trends. The term transport energy as used here refers to direct energy use, that is the energy supplied for vehicle propulsion, being the energy content of the fuel or electricity consumed. The data tabulations are for the whole transport system, broken down into various subdivisions. Such ''system-wide'' data, unless they are disaggregated to a very fine level, do not generally show up the attributes of particular transport vehicles, and for this reason have been criticized overseas. To avoid this error of omission data are also presented on particular transport vehicles apart from the main data sets. Wherever possible, to eliminate cumulative errors, global data have been used as control totals and a process adopted of successive breakdown into subdivisions of the transport system. Only in a few cases, where New Zealand data are lacking and could not be inferred, have overseas data been introduced and then only when these were judged to be reasonably applicable to the New Zealand situation.
- U.S. Sales Only.
Beca, Carter, Hollings and Ferner LimitedP.O. Box 6345
Auckland, New Zealand
New Zealand Energy Research & Development CommAuckland, New Zealand
- Publication Date: 1977-11
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Automobiles; Buses; Competition; Demand; Electric power; Electricity; Energy; Energy consumption; Fuel consumption; Information organization; Motor vehicles; Natural gas; Petroleum; Propulsion; Railroad trains; Ships; Transportation; Transportation modes; Trucks; Vehicle power plants
- Identifier Terms: New Zealand Government Railways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Geographic Terms: New Zealand
- Old TRIS Terms: Data compilation; Energy intensiveness; Power demand; Transportation sector
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00191921
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM