REPORT OF THE EMERGENCY AND NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM IN DADE COUNTY
Emergency medical service (EMS) transportation resources were examined in Dade County, Fla. to evaluate major medical transportation services, to ascertain how existing services meet different levels of need, to study the interrelationships of EMS transportation resources in meeting community needs, to identify and comment on areas for improving the efficiency of the transportation system as a whole, and to make recommendations that would improve the system. The study was initiated in 1976 by the Health Systems Agency of South Florida, Inc. Findings on the organization and financing of county medical rescue and medical transportation systems and on nonemergency medical transportation resulted in a number of recommendations. The recommendations focus on the need for better coordination among existing services, more efficient use of personnel and equipment, and the need for constant monitoring and auditing to assure quality of performance. Of particular interest are the effects medical rescue, emergency ambulances, and nonemergency transportation have on each other. The policy recommendations are intended to integrate relevant transportation services into a cost-efficient, quality, and coordinated medical transportation system. A glossary and supporting data are appended.
Health Systems Agency of South Florida, Inc3050 Biscayne Boulevard
Miami, FL United States 33137
- Publication Date: 1978-2-21
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Ambulances; Coordination; Development; Disasters and emergency operations; Emergency medical services; Emergency vehicles; Evacuation; Hazards and emergency operations; Health; Health care; Health care services; Insurance; Local government; Medical services; Methodology; Planning; Policy; Public health; Recommendations; Regions; State government; States; Transportation
- Geographic Terms: Florida
- Old TRIS Terms: Health care delivery; Health care utilization; Health systems plans; Personal health services; State regions
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00191909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM