CONTACT PHENOMENA. I: STRESSES, DEFLECTIONS AND CONTACT DIMENSIONS FOR NORMALLY-LOADED UNLUBRICATED ELASTIC COMPONENTS
The item deals with the stresses and deflections of contacting bodies. The item gives data for the contact dimensions, normal approach, delta, surface and sub-surface stresses (for points on the axis of symmetry) together with the depth at which the maximum shear occurs, for dry, normally-loaded elastic bodies. Typical applications include civil, structural, machine tool, and automobile engineering, mechanical handling and mining equipment, printing, packaging, and textile machinery, and other fields of engineering involving concentrated contacts.
- Also pub. as ISSN-0141-2590, 0141-4046, and 0141-4089. For information on availability of series, sub-series, and other individual data items, write NTIS, Attn: ESDU, Springfield, VA. 22161.
Engineering Sciences Data Unit Limited251-259 Regent Street
London W1R 7AD, England
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Car wheels (Railroads); Deflection; Deformation; Elasticity (Mechanics); Force; Loads; Mechanics; Modulus of elasticity; Poisson ratio; Rail (Railroads); Solids; Stresses; Structural analysis; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation; Data
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Contacting; Geometric surfaces
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191902
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISBN-0-85679-239-X Data Item
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM