MODULAR CONTAINERIZED FIREFIGHTING SYSTEM WITH REMOTE STANDOFF CAPABILITY
This patent application discloses a modular containerized firefighting system with remote standoff firefighting capability. The firefighting system includes a self-propelled, remote controlled vehicle with a directable nozzle. The remote controlled vehicle is housed in a standardized module which also includes a motor-driven pump and a tank containing a liquid chemical suppressant concentrate. This self-contained, firefighting module is readily transportable by surface or air to be employed in conjunction with either an in-place or portable source of water.
- Availability: This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of application available NTIS.
Department of the NavyThe Pentagon
Washington, DC USA 20350
- Hollan, M E
- Bayles, J J
- Publication Date: 1978-9-27
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Fire boats; Fire fighting; Fire fighting equipment; Fire vehicles; Modular structures; Occupational safety; Patent applications; Patents; Personnel; Remote control; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Personnel safety; Remote control systems; Self contained; Standoff
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00191862
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-945-984
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 11 1979 12:00AM