WAYSIDE ENERGY STORAGE STUDY. VOLUME III. ENGINEERING ECONOMICS ANALYSIS: DATA AND RESULTS
Volume III contains the detail of the engineering economics analysis which showed attractive returns on investment for deployment of WESS on existing U.S. railroads.
- See also RRIS 04 191750; Bulletin 7902. Portions of this document are not fully legible. Also available in set of 4 reports PC E15, PB-293 856-SET.
AiResearch Manufacturing Company2525 West 190th Street
Torrance, CA USA 90509
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
Washington, DC USA 20590
- LAWSON, L J
- Cook, L M
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 570 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Braking performance; Diesel electric locomotives; Dual powered locomotives; Economic analysis; Electric locomotives; Electric railroads; Energy conversion; Energy storage systems; Flywheels; Kinetic energy; Railroad facilities; Regenerative braking; Return on investment
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade operations; Wayside
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00191753
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-78/78, III Final Rpt., DOT-TSC-FRA-79-7.III
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-1349
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1979 12:00AM