PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF AUTOMOTIVE ENGINES IN THE UNITED STATES. THIRD SERIES - REPORT NO. 8. 1978 BUICK, 231 CID (3.8 LITER), 4V, TURBOCHARGED
Experimental data were obtained in dynamometer tests of a 1978 Buick 231 CID turbocharged to determine fuel consumption and emissions (hydrocarbon, carbon monoxide, oxides of nitrogen) at steady-state engine operating modes. The objective of the program is to obtain engine performance data for estimating emissions and fuel economy for varied engine service and duty. The intent of the work is to provide basic engine characteristic data required as input for engineering calculations involving ground transportation.
- See also Rept. no. 7, PB-293 777, and Rept. no. 9, PB-293 779.
Department of EnergyBartlesville Energy Research Center
Bartlesville, OK United States 74003
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Koehler, D E
- MARSHALL, W F
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Automobiles; Engineering; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Internal combustion engines; Performance evaluations; Specifications; Standards; Superchargers
- Old TRIS Terms: Engineering standards
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00191747
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BERC/OP-78/43, DOT/TSC/NHTSA-79-8
- Contract Numbers: DOT/TSC-RA-77-07
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 2002 12:00AM